Currently, it takes some time to respond to comments because I have some other things I have to prioritize.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

An official map made by the Communist Party of China?

According to the following webpage, the Communist Party of China recognized the islands as Japan's territory in 1969 - just before a research finds out abundant oil at the bottom of the Japan Sea. The picture was taken from official map according to the Washington Times. However, I didn't find it convincing in terms of its genuiness because it shows only a part of the map.



I decided to send an email to clarify the genuiness. 


My name is Masaki and I'm a Japanese university student.
I read your article on the senkaku islands which was posted on September 15.
In the article, the attached picture is placed at the top of the page, and it seems to be Chinese official map according to your words.
However, all I can see is a part the whole map and it doesn't signify a lot. I guess the capitalized "C" at the right bottom represents "China," and there are Chinese letters that are distinct from the Japanese ones.
I can assume it was probably made by Chinese people, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was authorized by the government.

Would you be kind enough to let me see the whole map, or would you give me a convincing explanation of the map?
Please forgive me in case I looked over reasonable explanations in the article.
I'm actually thankful to you since the article is completely supportive of the Japan's stand point, but I couldn't ignore the question that rose in my mind.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/sep/15/inside-the-ring-145889960/?page=1


I hope it doesn't include any impolite expression, and I wish he will return an email to me.

1 comment:

  1. That is a very interesting find, please let us know how you're request for the full map turns out. I'm very curious about it as well.

    ReplyDelete