Currently, it takes some time to respond to comments because I have some other things I have to prioritize.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Anti-Japan demonstrations in China

According to Hong Kong news papers published on 17th, the anti-Japan demos that took place in China on 16th had been designed by the Chinese government.

"This [the protests] is definitely no coincidence. It's a typical example of diverting attention," rights activist Pu Fei told Hong Kong's Apple Daily. "It's to shift the public and netizens' focus away from [Noble Peace Prize winner] Liu Xiaobo and [his wife] Liu Xia."

University students, who are under control of the government, had planned the demos for more than a month. Since the students aren't allowed to do any political activities without authorization by Communist Party of China, the demos were virtually government-led.
That means the Chinese government attacked Japanese companies on purpose.

Some Japanese media previously asserted that the anti-Japan demos happened as counter-demonstaration to anti-China demos  in which people surrounded the Chinese embassy (almost always favor China).
The truth is that the series of the anti-Japan demos had been planned by the government-led students.
I'm not certain if all the demos were administered by the Chinese governement, but at least the series of demonstrations were initiated by the Chinese government.



How did the Japanese surround the Chinese embassy?



No wonder the Chinese government needs a scapegoat.

4 comments:

  1. Why dose China always select Japan to hate? I can't stand it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got used to it although I'm not sure if it's good or bad thing :(
    Human beings get used to anything - literally anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was on Japan's side for the whole stupid argument over the Chinese boat captain.

    Still... to answer your question. A lot of Koreans and Chinese hate Japan because (I personally think) they have never really apologised or admitted to a number of war crimes that took place in the 30s and 40s. Of course, that is not the fault of the majority of the Japanese population who had nothing to do with it but it is sadly the reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [A lot of Koreans and Chinese hate Japan because (I personally think) they have never really apologised or admitted to a number of war crimes that took place in the 30s and 40s.]
    This is why I had to start blogging.
    The truth is that the war reparations are completely over and Japan has supported them for decades after WWII. Japanese excecutives have officially appologized to them for multiple times. Citizens of these countries are not properly informed because the government needs the most convenient scapegoat called Japan.

    I have to admit Japan's diplomatic failure since the situation is misuderstood not only by the Chinese and the Korean but also even by foreigners other foreigners like you.

    It's quite understandable that the Chinese and the Korean don't know the truth, and I'm not really optimistic about changing their way of seeing Japan even if I tell them the rigid truth beause anti-Japan is their national policy.
    But I'm possitive that I can gain other foreign supporters.

    I personally think I deserve to be paid by the Japanese government because I've been trying to make up for the diplomatic failure.

    ReplyDelete